Online courses offered to help professionals help veterans
NAMI Washington is very proud to be allying with the Citizen Soldier Support Program (CSSP) in an initiative promoting a comprehensive and responsive mental-health system for military veterans and their families. We are pleased to provide a link to a set of great educational courses offered by CSSP. These courses are absolutely free and are approved by various professional accrediting associations for continuing education credit.
The Invisible Wounds of War series of courses is designed to build awareness of the culture in which veterans and their families live and work for primary care physicians, case workers, mental-health providers and other professionals who might see a veteran or family member about an unrelated issue. The courses teaches best practices for identifying, assessing and treating mental-health problems that result from the trauma of war.
How to get started
- Go to www.aheconnect.com/citizensoldier.
- Click on New Users tab at the top of the screen.
- Create a personal user account following the instructions on the screen. Be sure to enter Army OneSource referral code AOSNAMIWA12 in the space provided.
- Log in using your new ID and password.
- Click on Courses tab at the top of the screen.
- Select a course you wish to complete.
- Click on Register.
Once you complete a course, your CE credit will be recorded, and you will have access to download and print a certificate of completion.